Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 media error

• Please log in to reply

j4m3s

j4m3s

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi, just got my xbox 360 yesterday. I'm on live ok.

Heres my problem.

I have 5 pc's in my house, im using a drytek 2200 adsl router. I can connect to my laptop using windows media player 11,

Click the library tab, media sharing, i check share media box and hit ok, it then brings a white box up below. I then run over to my xbox 360 and click to continue and then go back to the pc and hit allow for the 360. Tada i can watch videos, pictures, listen to music.

The spec of that pc that runs in is....

Xp home sp2, norton antivrus and a windows firewall.

I've tried doing the same thing with my desktop but when it comes to selecting the check box for share media and i click ok nothing happens, the OK box reapires after afew second for you to click again.

I've made share that my folders arnt private. I've also checked the windows firewall and it has added rules to allow it. I've even tried disabling it.

The spec of that pc is Xp home sp2, nod32 antivirus and a windows firewall.

(by the way i tried to see if it was nod32 causing the problem but had no such luck)

I've also looked around google but now im stuck

Please help :whistling:

http://www.microsoft.../11/readme.aspx

Edited by j4m3s, 10 November 2006 - 05:13 AM.

Advertisements

kill_hXc

kill_hXc

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Have you turned Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service on in services?

Got to Star> Run> type "services.msc">Scroll down to the bottom until you find "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" and start the service.

Any luck?