Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firewall Problems

• Please log in to reply

playa_in_mind

playa_in_mind

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I have defender pro firewall protection, but it wont allow me to see videos or flash images on the internet. I've gone into the allowed applications and added the windows media player but it still doesnt work. i just went into safe mode a ran some scans and logs all the while my firewall was fully disabled, when i came back to normal mode, my firewall was off and i was able to view all the videos and flash images but once i turned my firewall back to medium it no longer works.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Has it got ad blocking?

playa_in_mind

playa_in_mind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
um...are you talking about pop up blocker? yeah, i've disabled it. i'm just missing something. it wont allow my windows media player have access to the video feeds instead it gives me a box with a box in the left hand corner with a squar, circle, and triangle in it...that typical symbol for....something is screwed..lol

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It has to be with the way it is presently configured

Ad blocking is different, so if you can check the options you should be able to see where the problem is

If not

Check you have the product key, download a frresh copy, uninstall the firewall, re-install the firewall then and check when it asks for the permissions for things