Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Internet Connection after setting up Wireless Internet....

• Please log in to reply

not_again3x

not_again3x

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I finally got my wireless router set up, had a good wireless connection all night. And then when I turn the computer back on in the morning, i get no internet connection. Either through IE or Firefox. This is the 2nd day in a row it happened. To fix it the first time, (I think) I changed the LAN settings on IE internet options, and checked off the box for WAN, or something like that, and it worked. Im wondering if there is something that can be done to fix this permanently. Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Just to confirm, you turn the computer off and then back on pretty much nightly right? You don't have your computer in hibernation or anything, do you?

not_again3x

not_again3x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
i just shut the laptop at night, and when I open it in the morning, I just have to hit the power button once lightly to bring windows back up. Not completely shutting it down every night

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Ah. Restart it. Wireless doesn't tend to like to work after hibernation or sleep mode, for some reason.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Agreed, that's your problem right there. Windows does all kinds of fun stuff when you hibernate. Restart, and everything should be in working order. :whistling:

not_again3x

not_again3x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
gonna run home and check it now....I'll keep yous posted. Thanks again

not_again3x

not_again3x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
man, you guys are good and Im just not that smart. Went home, restarted it, and its good to go. Guess I just have to restart it after every hibernation. Thanks again

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
No problem. Hibernation is good if you need to constantly come back to the system after leaving for a bit, but sometimes little things like this get in the way. Let us know if you have any more questions :whistling: