Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! My new keyboard doesn't work!

• Please log in to reply

Royal

Royal

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
LOGITECH G15 KEYBOARD
I plugged it in my USB port, and the Logitech logo comes up on the screen, but ver very dim, I can barely see it. After that is dissappears and nothing happens and the keyboard doesn't work at all, but it does the same thing when re plugged in.
I installed the drivers.

I tried this keyboard on my laptop, all the lights went on after 5 seconds of plugging it in, I didn't even need the drivers.

There is a problem with my computer not detecting new hardware being plugged in.

Can you help me get the computer to detect it and make it work?

PLEASE!

Questions already asked:

Are you plugging it into the ports in the back of your motherboard or a frontpanel in the front of your case? Sounds like it's not recieving enough power.

All of them.

Try playing with USb settings in bios, also try different usb port.

Already Tried

What else do you have plugged into the USB ports?

Wireless G Internet adapter

My new PC info:
My specs are
Celeron 2.66 Ghz
Asus P4s800
1.5 GB Pc3200
Forton 450 Watt PSU
ATI X800XT
40GB HD
No Cds or floppys
2 low speed 120mm
Soundblaster Live! 24Bit

I have Plenty of power.

I can't even see it in the device manager
Also I did verify that my usb drivers were installed.

Edited by Royal, 10 November 2006 - 03:12 PM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Does it need a USB 2.0 port or will it work with a USB 1.0 port? What do you currently have?

Royal

Royal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Not sure but I have 1 more question.

Would any of these work

USB - PS/2 Converter ( THe G15 is a complex keyboard that can show yours scores on a LED screen, would this adapter deduct from its features? )

USB PCI Card - Makes USB work in 15 year old computers, should work for me

Thoughts?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
If you have one handy, try it. If not, then a PS/2 converter might work, but I've never had experience with a USB PCI Card... Also, it should say in the system requirements for the mouse what kind of USB port you need, right?

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
the g15 lcd scr will NOT work unless you use the USB port. and i think the problem is that you are using usb 1.1 instead or 2.0 and the only solution that i see around this is to buy a pci card (make sure it's usb2.0) and stick it in the system. I do believe that there are some voltage differences between usb2.0 and 1.1 so it could explain the dim scr. There is also the slim chance that the keyboard is defective but i doubt that. I hope you get ur G15 working.. I just got mine a few days ago and i love it. Check out lcdstudio and the www.g15mod.com and www.g15forum.com for lcd preconfgurations to add some flavor to ur lcd and get more use out of it. I recommend the preconfig sets called g15matrix1.4 and inter1.0

I just checked the asus website and it seems that your mobo does have usb2.0 are you sure you installed the usb drivers provided on the mobo install cd?

Royal

Royal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Solved, Bought a USB PCI thingy

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Do you know if you have a 1.1 or 2.0 USB port in the computer earlier? I'm curious now lol