Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Secretary-less

• Please log in to reply

shadowkat

shadowkat

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
My step mom just got an office where she can work in her business. She had to decide whether to hire a secretary to take care of her schedule and answer the phone or get Dragon Naturally Speaking, which takes care of transcribing phone conversations from the phone to the computer and everything else.
She decided it was cheaper for her to get Dragon Naturally Speaking instead of hiring, training, and paying someone to be a secretary for her business.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. It sounds like a plan, but what's your question?

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
That's a great program, I actually replaced a transcriptionist with it once. Felt bad about firing her, but Dragon gets over 100 WPM nowadays, and it is always in a good mood.

shadowkat

shadowkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I guess i'm curious if my mom's choice was a good idea or not, or if there's any other voice recognition softwares out there similar to this one...

But my mom did say that her business has gotten simpler ever since she got Dragon. So I guess that's a good thing.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
dragon is the number one software in this catagory. It has a majority of the market share. The only other software like it that I am aware of (that can compete with dragon) is Korean. Dragon is really nice and works much better than most of the other limited choices.

shadowkat

shadowkat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I've never heard of Korean.
It's cool that Dragon is a good software. My mom even uses Dragon to write up a weekly spreadsheet of the status of the business she's working in. She told me that it used to take her a half hour to do them each week, but now she's saving about 15 minutes by using Dragon.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
korean as in South Korea, the country.

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

but Dragon gets over 100 WPM nowadays, and it is always in a good mood.

:whistling: That made me spill my drink