Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My return e address is changed upon reaching recipients.

• Please log in to reply

geraw

geraw

• Pip
  • 8 posts
All the recipient has to do is add the missing 'a' to windstream and send it, I receive the mail then.

Removed is my email address, "a" is omitted from windstream when received by other users. Isp says the problem is not caused on their end. I send email to them and they claim it comes in correctly and they say they do a "reply" on their browser and I get their mail. I ensure that others have myaddress correct in their address book and contact list. Below is an example of interaction I get from email traffic I do receive, I do not get return email now without this occuring.
Problem first occured after going to a new high speed ISP server from a dial up, different company.

Have sent mail to myself and the return address is correct.
I use MS Office Outlook 2003 and some recipients also have the same, in below case he has express. I have windows xp sp2. Thanks for any help on this mind bender. Rich

EXAMPLE

Hi Richard

I tried to 'reply' with browser function, with this message to your last email but it kept getting rejected - sent to Removed
Then I found this email address for you from earlier - please let me know that you have received it or I will have to resort to mailing you.

Ray

Here it is again.
For some reason my Outlook Express says your email is coming from
Removed when your address is Removed Strange

Ray

Edited by don77, 10 November 2006 - 07:18 PM.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

first thing i advise, you edit your initial post and omit the actual email address, because of web crawlers which will harvest the account and then God's knows what re spam email or worse

Good spot and great advise

Done :whistling:

geraw

geraw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you Lord_Shaitan and don77 for the edit on e address. Will have to decipher the Office update.

geraw