Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a fatal exception 06 has occurred

• Please log in to reply

julesschool

julesschool

• Pip
  • 2 posts
when I am playing pogo on the computer after about 5 or ten minutes the computer goes to black and says that a fatal exception 06 has occurred at 05BC:00000021. The current application will be terminated. It says to press any key or control/alt/delete. So I have to restart my computer. This happens every single time. Please help me with this.

Advertisements

julesschool

julesschool

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
how do you fix fatal exception 06 at05BC:00000021

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
recent occurance?

Did you visit WIndows Update recently? Remove the windows update kb891711

eaglemike

eaglemike

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I removed that update from a laptop that I'm working on because of the blue screens. Now, when I try to boot up I get stuck on the splash screen and the pc won't go any further.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Mike, that was a suggestion for a windows 98 machine, I see Windows xp on yours.

The hot fix seems to be causing issues with windows 98 and me, but I have not encountered anything with Windows Xp or 2000

Load safemode with networking, revisit windows update, download the patch. Then update whatever antivirus program you have and run a thorough scan

pmorban

pmorban

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: ;) want to thank gerryf for his advice to fix fatal exception 06 by removing windows update kb891711. ive been dealing with this for 3 weeks.

eaglemike

eaglemike

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
XP is my desktop....the win98 was on a gateway laptop