Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF1942

• Please log in to reply

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Where could i buy (online) and download a copy of 1942 so i dont have to go to best buy get cd's and wait like 30 mins for it to install >_>? EA Link doesn't have 1942 and neither does direct2drive from fileplanet..not sure what else there is out there.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most game makers don't sell like this, as it costs next to nothing to print a CD, shove it in a jewel case and mark it up by a wide margin. This is where some of the profit comes from, up to half in some cases, hence why you don't often see (legal) downloadable versions of games.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Where could i buy (online) and download a copy of 1942 so i dont have to go to best buy get cd's and wait like 30 mins for it to install >_>? EA Link doesn't have 1942 and neither does direct2drive from fileplanet..not sure what else there is out there.

There is a few other companies that do the direct download thing but I dont really like the looks of them. Direct2drive is the only legit one that I know of.

Did you know that its going to take atleast 30mins to download the full game depending on how fast your internet speed is and the server you are downloading from. Then you will still have to install the game aswell..

You are better off going to walmart or a store that carries games if you want it soon. You can always buy games online but why wait goto the closest store and get it now. :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
BF1942 i just went out and bought for a fiver a couple of years ago with another game i wanted it was basically free. You are better just buying.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
About the speed thing, i've got T1, wouldn't take too long, and I just plain have bad luck with discs, they end up scratching and becoming ruined within days of the purchsae :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Thats why you get boxes with them.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

About the speed thing, i've got T1, wouldn't take too long, and I just plain have bad luck with discs, they end up scratching and becoming ruined within days of the purchsae :whistling:

T1 is fast in a manner about having multiple or many users on the same line without it slowing down too much vs cable or dsl. A T1 has the same download/upload speed which is really good but a Full t1 is typically 1.544 Mbps.

Its fast in that way but a 1.5Mbps connection will take awhile to download games especially full version games.

I would just go out and find the game at a local store.