Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Refund from webhosting

• Please log in to reply

StillAllGeekToMe

StillAllGeekToMe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:whistling: For over 2 months now I have been trying to get a refund from a webhosting service who I had been using for 4 years. I have gone through the proper channels and sent them 3 emails requesting a response, but to date, they have not responded. I ended up going with another server because I was having a problem getting into their server to update my account. This company specifically where designated not to take money from my account without my permission. After setting up my account with another server, I received an email from this previous webhost, stating they had billed my account for another year.

I spoke with several people at their company through their on line help system, as well as using their "ticket" program, before I was told to contact their refund department, which I did immediately after. I also tried calling a phone number to their refund department, which was given to me by one of their employees, but no one answered.

I have retained copies of all of the correspondence with this company for safe keeping and do intend to report them to the Better Business Bureau. I had also notified my bank of this issue when it first came to my attention. I would like to find an area on the Internet where I can file a complaint against them in hopes of getting my money back.

I am sure I did not have to go through this entire scenario to get my point across, but it feels good to get it off my chest. I am at my witt's end with this company, and hope that someone here can help me with this dilemma. I am on a fixed income, and with the holidays right around the corner, the return of this money would certainly be a blessing.

Does anyone have any suggestions, a place or person I can contact who could possibly help me with this matter?

Advertisements

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
I am not aware of any groups dealing with specific internet related issues, but i would contact a consumer advocacy group based in the same country as the web host in question, they would be able to advise you as to the next step.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
I'd also ask whatever service the money was taken from (bank, paypal, etc) to reverse the charges in an attempt to get your money back. You will need to mention that the company did not have your permission, and you may need to sign a legal document stating so.

-Ryan