Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Player Uninstall Question

• Please log in to reply

Macro Svelte

Macro Svelte

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I buckled under the other day, and got the new version of Windows Media Player, to replace the ver.9 I'd been happy enough with.
The v11 seems an improvement for sure, only that now I've got two big'un's on the ADD / REMOVE list, and v9 won't budge. Or so it seems.
The v11 Install a few days ago was supposed to replace the v9, not add to it (right?), and both are now listed as using about 24MB space.
If they're in the same location, is it a proper Overwrite? Should I try to Uninstall both and start over ? That's the normal sort of advice I hear for these matters.

When attempting to Remove the v9, an Advanced INF Install Error Message Box came up, that read:

Error: could not locate INF file 'C:\WINDOWS\INF\powertoy.inf'

When seeing what happens when selecting to Remove v11, it said it would revert back to v9 if one did.

Nice of you(who?) to be answering this.

Advertisements