Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista aero interface?

• Please log in to reply

kotak77

kotak77

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
i have vista rc2 installed on my laptop..and my friend just told me about this windoes fip/3d flip..how do i do it and i wanna get the aero interface but it doesnt work..if u guys need pictures ill show u pics..just request them cuz i want aero but idk watsup

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
super button plus tab to get the window flipping.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
super button?

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Windows Button and Tab.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
that doesnt work i heard its alt and tab but it doesnt make the flipping motion its supposed to..and how do i get aero...cuz i just have the vista basic interface not aero =[

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Alt Tab doesn't have the flipping its just live pictures that u select. It should work. When I used Vista it was Windows+Tab. Vista Basic interface only happened to me when using certain programs. I don't know what the problem is.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
that doesnt work oh yea and i 4got to mention im using rc2 if that helps and if any1 needs my specs..its vista rc2 using 1.24 gig of ram and idk wat video card im using

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
any1?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

i just have the vista basic interface not aero =[

The 3D flip only works with the Aero interface, not basic.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
i no thats y i wanna no how to get aero cuz i should aero but i dont so any1 know how i can get it or wat?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Just click on the desktop and go to personalise all the settings you need can be gotten to via that menu.

The only two apps that have had trouble and disabled the aero interface are java and MPC, if you have either on at the time of using the pc aero will be inaccessible.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
well i did the personalize thing and i chose theme but all i got was vista basic so i guess i dont have it and i dont have java running all the time... and i attached a pic of wat my interface looks like..vista basic

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenShot006.jpg

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you remembered to turn on transparency, it should be in window colour and appearance.

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Be sure to get the Vista drivers from your video card manufacturer, this one stumped me for a while!

--bmwboy

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
how do i get Vista drivers and how do i no which video card i have and i looked at the transparency thing and theres no such function in my thing