Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista aero interface?

• Please log in to reply

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
and i upgraded to vista rtm and umm i still dont get the interface and flip 3d and how do i get the drivers from my manufacturer and how do i no which video card i have?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im afraid that the rtm is illegal for use, and we cant help you if you continue to use that version.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
ok well since u said that i just downgraded to rc 2 again...sigh took me a while but i did it...so can u help me?

Edited by kotak77, 15 November 2006 - 05:07 PM.

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

how do i get Vista drivers and how do i no which video card i have and i looked at the transparency thing and theres no such function in my thing

In Windows XP:
Right click on your desktop and select Properties from the contextual menu. This will open the Display Properties window.

Click on the Settings tab at the top of the Display Properties window and then click on the Advanced button. This will open a new window. Click on the Adapter tab to display information on the video card you have installed in your computer.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I have a Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML express chipset family..Please tell me i can contact Intel somehow to get Vista Drivers for this adapter....

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
ok i just searched that chip set on google and intel website and this chip is FULLY CAPABLE OF VISTA AERO GLASS! and umm im about to do some yelling at intel but ill save that for later..is there anyway i can force aero on besides waiting for intel to hopefully vista drivers for this particular chip set?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://support.intel...CS-023606.htm#1

Before you shout at them some proper research can help, they also have NO requirement to provide vista drivers, they will and do but they dont have to and they wont release final non beta drivers befroe the release date of the operating system in question.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
yea but see i dont have the 945 chip and i think they should because they sold over 2,000,000 chips and now they wont support em and my laptop says vista capable and i want drivers if it is capable

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If they make 945 theyll make beta for yours you just have to find the beta site for that chipset.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Ive already looked all over intel..they dont have beta drivers for the 915 chipset...the vista drivers are supposed to start with 945...if u found anywhere that they said they would make beta drivers for my chipset then id like to know..or if they have beta drivers for my chipset please let me know

Edited by kotak77, 19 November 2006 - 01:49 PM.

Advertisements

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
any1?

Edited by kotak77, 20 November 2006 - 04:41 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Intel reps, have said they have beta drivers released for testing, some have said they are working on them and they have not been released, others say they have no intention because its not powerful enough to run it, there is also some train of thought that microsoft should have made drivers for it.

Seems nobody knows not even intel, there will no doubt be something in time for the release in January but until then youre going to have to live with basic vista by the looks of it.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
isnt there anyway to force aero?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No if your hardware isn't up to it then you cant, i think the biggest reason for there being so much confusion is that they are not at all sure that it would run very well on those systems, the GMA950 which there is drivers was pretty much designed largely to make sure vista could run, the older ones it was iffy.

kotak77

kotak77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
i wonder if intel would gimme beta drivers for this chipset..andd cuz this is a laptop idk if ill be able to upgrade my graphics card..would i be able to? cuz i no its not totally impossible