Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want multiple monitors - How?

• Please log in to reply

JRex

JRex

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi I have Pc running 200pro can I get a graphics card and get 2 or more monitors to run and how and what graphics card.

Thanks,
John :whistling:

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
most modern video cards can do 2 monitors just make sure it has 2 dvi and 2 adapters or 2 vga or 1vga and 1dvi with adapter. then just hook up each monitor to it's own connection on the video card.

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

most modern video cards can do 2 monitors just make sure it has 2 dvi and 2 adapters or 2 vga or 1vga and 1dvi with adapter. then just hook up each monitor to it's own connection on the video card.

After doing that and having installed all the drivers go to your control panel and into your display settings. Go to settings and click on the drop down menu that says ATI (make of videocard), when a video card has mutli monitor support it will have a secondary display driver specifically for the second display. In my case I have an ati x1300 so my primary display driver is ati radeon x1300, and my secondary is ati x1300 secondary. Pretty simple, click on the secondary and where it says extend display onto monitor, check mark the box and click apply. Now you should be able to see the extension of your desktop on the other monitor, and your all set.