Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backing up games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

muppet_3000

muppet_3000

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi guys,
I wanted to back up a few games that i've got because i've got two computers in different places so rather than lug all the disks around I wanted to have a set for one of my computer and a set for the other.
It works fine for some older games that are on CDs but the more recent games like battle for middle earth and settlers heritage of kings are on DVD-roms rather than just DVDs, this means that they copy fine but for some reason when i go to play the game after installing it, i get a message saying that the disk isnt in the drive.

Is there a way of copying the disks so that they are in DVD-Rom format?

Thanks to all those who reply.

Muppet

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi muppet_3000 and welcome to G2G!

I'm sorry but G2G will not help you make copies of your games as it's illegal to copy games.
I would also like to point out that when you buy a game you're licensed to install it on one PC not two. If you want to play your games on two PCs then you'll have to buy a second copy of the games.

Please read this sites terms of service.

http://www.geekstogo...?act=boardrules

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 12 November 2006 - 11:47 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you are encountering copy protection issues. Unfortunately, as Zeus stated, we are unable to help you.

Starjax