Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hooking up PS2 to internet

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Well someone in another topic for this same reason said you just plug in the Ethernet cable into your slim ps2 and it should work. Well when I did that it says " No Network Configuration File Found. To create, edit or delete your Network Configuration files please use the network adapter start-up disc." The person also said it was free, but do you have to buy a CD in order to setup the network adapter in the PS2. I don't have a cd for it so any help is appreciated.

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
The network adapter is built in to the slim ps2 so you don't have to buy it. Just insert the start-up disk that came with your ps2.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Ya I don't have the startup disk. [bleep]. Is there a way I can get one.

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
A lot of games with online capabilities have the setup software included. Some games include SOCOM, NFL 2K3, and Madden (for a full list: click here).

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
your better off not messing with the online ps2 ive got one and either the servers down or it has a hard time connecting with most of the games to me its a waste of time and support isnt very good either . i dont think its my internet connection i have like the 4 meg cable internet and my pcs work great . i messed with the ps2 for quite some time but was very dissapointed with it s online setup...

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Well I have Rogue Agent so I'll pop that in and set it up from there.

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Let us know how it goes :whistling:

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I'm playing COD2 online right now. SWEET

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Nice, good job :whistling:

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Unfortunately Rogue Agent won't go online and I'm really pissed. Right when I click Done for making my account it makes this really annoying sound and it just keeps making this sound.

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
I don't know what to tell ya... each PS2 game is responsible for setting up their own online server, so I doubt its the PS2's fault, probably the game's...

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Ya your probabl right an thats what sucks about the PS2 if its broken theres nothing you can really do except get a new one or get it repaired. Unless you know what your doing and your very careful but most people don't. And neither do I. I'm stupid when it comes to the PS2.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I hate playing the PS2 online. I do play Battlefield 2 modern combat online, its very dissapointing because people crash the servers and they glitch and I am not a happy camper!

But I am addicted to the game LOL :whistling: