Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD burner not working

• Please log in to reply

Angelia

Angelia

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
My CD burner is not working.

When I use Windows media player it says that Easy creator engine is not installed.

I downloaded Burn4free.

When I try to burn a cd box comes up that says insert CD.

But theres a CD in the drive.

Not sure if the drive is not reading or what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Is this a new or old drive? I recieved one from newegg one time that was busted. Could read CDs but not burn them, the replacement they sent worked perfectly. I also had another drive die on my machine and gave the same symptoms.

I'm not sure what you could do to test the drive other than try it in another computer.

Sorry, I know thats not much help.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
What operating sys. r u useing?
does the burner read a cd?
I asume that the comp. recognizes it as a burner. But is the file u r trying to burn \ media or other... is it the right size for the disk than provided? it could be a media \ sound \ video converter that makes a file bigger than the disk then it will tell u to insert a disk.