Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unable to copy files to dvd

• Please log in to reply

barthez

barthez

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i just installed a DVD burner on my PC which i took out of another computer. It is able to read CDs and i can burn from windows media player but i am unable to drag and drop into the CD drive folder....it says there is a problem when copying the files...i get an option to retry skip or cancel....anyone got any idea wats wrong??

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
First and foremost, note that you cannot burn to DVDs through Windows natively, you have to use an application to do so.

From there, it sounds like either a Windows issue (drivers and/or Windows updates) or possibly your DVD burner needs a firmware update.

barthez

barthez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok delete this thread...i just read another topic which gave an answer...next time ill do a search...sorry!!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you get the same result with this

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php

barthez

barthez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts