Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error 0x630281d0

• Please log in to reply

carbonrose

carbonrose

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Although the System and explorer seem to be working fine, I get this message every time I start up the system.
( Explorer error 0x630281d0 )
I have looked via Google and other forums for any referance to this error but have found none.
If anybody happens to have seen this error before or knows anything about it please reply if you can.
I am not too worried at the moment, however this is not my PC and the person who owns it knows absolutely nothing about PC`s at all. And I mean absolutely and totally nothing.
So they feel a little intimidated by this message. Err.. they do not have time to learn either.. The person is in the late fifties and works seven days a week.

Also please note, if you do reply with instructions about this issue, the PC I am using is ALL in Japanese text!! Please give a careful guide about how to repair if you can.

Regards,

CR.

Advertisements

carbonrose

carbonrose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: All is well or getting better. I have recieved help elsewhere. The problem was caused by a virus in the system. In fact there were 20 viruses and 11 trojans.
I have used AVG antivirus personal, Spy bot, Spyware Gaurd, Spyware Blaster, Startup Inspector for windows, Ad-Aware personal, CWshredder, AboutBuster, TDS3 and also installed a mediocre firewall, Sygate personal, as this system had no firewall or antivirus and is on cable ;)
All appears to be clean now.
Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot, and AVG were run in safe mode with system restore switched off and all hidden files and folders viewable.
Note for anyone installing About Buster and TDS3. If your system is not in English, then go to control panel and languages and change the setting to english. I cannot give anything more specific as this system is entirely in Japanese text. But if this option is not changed you may not, and most likely not, be able to run either program mentioned.

Bye for now.