Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSP

• Please log in to reply

Morpheus

Morpheus

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Wassup everybody.. I just wanted to know who here has a PSP?

If you do list some of the portals or games that you use and your comments on it.

Thanks

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
I have one, but I don't use it much anymore. Grand theft auto, madden, lumines, and fifa are the only ones I have I really like. In my opinion, the best part about the PSP is the homebrew :whistling:

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Yea i use mine a lot.. i have the portal pspWxp on my PSP and its AWSOME!

It allows me to use AIM yahoo messanger or hotmail messanger, also has differnt flash games, and has lots of other features..

i wish i could say homebrew was the best thing, but unfortunetly i upgraded my PSP when i got it at 2.6, b/c i didnt know that much about homebrew then so im at 2.82 right now..

ive just decided to keep upgrading until 3.00 comes out with all those special features n stuff keeping up with all the hacks and devhook versions is to much to wait for.

DSMaster

DSMaster

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have a psp and about 8 games

Monster Kingdom: Jewel summoner
Darkstalkers
Need for speed 5-1-0
Wipeout Pure
Monster hunter Freedom
Twisted Metal: Head on
Smackdown vs. Raw 2006

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
WOW IM MAD.. the next eLoader has come out for 2.80!!!!!!!!!!!
i shouldve waited.. 2.80 can now run homebrew!!!

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
i have a PSP. What is homebrew and what is a portal. I've never heard of any of that stuff. Can someone explain.

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
homebrew is "home-made" applications for the PSP

Portals can be used on any PSP (usually that supports flash) and are a series of "offline" pages that make up an interface.

you can get more specific details about them on google.

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
does anyone know if you can run homebrew on 3.00? or 3.01? for psp

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Unfortunatley, no :whistling:

No worries, Sony keeps coming out with more "secure" firmwares, yet everytime we find ways to run homebrew. When will Sony learn that allowing 3rd party programs on the PSP will HELP?

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Yea i know right.. some people only get PSP's just for the homebrew.. its such a fun thing to do with PSP's. Sony would be getting A LOT MORE money if they just allowed homebrew on PSP's.

So do you think they'll come out with a hack for the 3.0 versions?

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

WOW IM MAD.. the next eLoader has come out for 2.80!!!!!!!!!!!
i shouldve waited.. 2.80 can now run homebrew!!!

Soon there will be a 2.8 downgrader (apparently) my friend sent me the link to an article.

BTW, did you manage to get your 2.8 eloader running?

Yea i know right.. some people only get PSP's just for the homebrew.. its such a fun thing to do with PSP's. Sony would be getting A LOT MORE money if they just allowed homebrew on PSP's.

So do you think they'll come out with a hack for the 3.0 versions?

They have already found a bug and they are able to emulate it using devhook from previous versions :whistling:.

Edited by SuperSam, 26 November 2006 - 05:54 PM.

Morpheus

Morpheus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
SWEETness!!

ill be looking foward to that!

and i didnt get tha 2.8 eloader, because i upgraded to 2.82 :whistling:

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Unfortunatley, no :whistling:

No worries, Sony keeps coming out with more "secure" firmwares, yet everytime we find ways to run homebrew. When will Sony learn that allowing 3rd party programs on the PSP will HELP?

so true i only use my psp for emulators i love playing sega nintendo games i rarely ever play psp games they all suck.

TKane

TKane

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
The only reason I really use my PSP is to get on the internet to check my stuff when I'm not near a computer.

I do have some games though...

GTA: LCS and VCS
Wipeout Pure
SOCOM: US Navy Seals 1 and 2
Star Wars (somehow got scratched, and now it won't read the game :whistling: )
Metal Gear Solid: Ac!d

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I have GTA: LCS, I only use my PSP for homebrew (I have got two, one 1.6 firmware, another 2.8). I don't do much on it except play with homebrew, Quake II for PSP is suprisingly good for the PSP.

As someone had written above "why don't sony just quit - homebrewers will always win" - or something along them lines. They are making the PS3 open source and when it is brought to the UK they will be able to reduce tax or something by claiming it as a PC rather than a games console. People are beginning to think as Sony make PS3 open source they will make an update in the near future making the PSP also open source.

For a link for my information, I get most of my homebrew and neat PSP stuff here: http://noobz.eu/