Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSP

• Please log in to reply

duley3

duley3

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I got my son one for Christmas I hope he like it.

But reading this post everyone is talking about "homebrew" could someone please tell me what this is?

Advertisements

nojs

nojs

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
i have one !
my games:

GTA liberty city stories
Daxter
GTA Vice city stories
The sims
Need for speed
Tony hawk underground remix
and a few more .. :whistling:

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
I have one, and I'm 48 years old. Duley3, don't give it to your son, keep it for yourself, If its too late, get one for yourself, they are great fun. I have,

Need for speed, Underground.
Wipeout Pure,
Worms
Tiger Woods 2007
Tomb Raider
Lemmings

I had Guitar Hero 2 for christmas for PS2.

Edited by tanda, 30 December 2006 - 12:24 PM.

Nekio

Nekio

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, I had a PSP. Some software update killed it. Told me to call Technical Support and I kept trying to get out of what it was in.
So... Idoit here just took it into her room and removed the battery and then was like "HAHA! No more message from you... HAHA!" Then, I tried to restart it and it wouldn't. My boyfriend promised me a new one but I don't want a new one. I'll buy it on my own when I start my job eventually... :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There is a new model coming out with a hard drive(60Gb at least) so it will finally make it into the media player market where alot of people thought it should have been in the first place.

Homebrew is the effort to make 3rd party firmware and use it to allow better functionality, it lets you do things like play PSX,2 games and flash games.

nojs

nojs

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

There is a new model coming out with a hard drive(60Gb at least) so it will finally make it into the media player market where alot of people thought it should have been in the first place.

Homebrew is the effort to make 3rd party firmware and use it to allow better functionality, it lets you do things like play PSX,2 games and flash games.

What's so funny about flash games if you can play games like daxter, GTA vice city stories, Tekken, and so on ...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can get things like old PC games now in flash Doom and Quake the first half life you can play a flash version of now, its not just flash games youve got all your old PSX games you just get them off your disk and put them on a pen, ive got alot of great games for PSX that if i had a PSP i would certainly play more than any actual PSP games.

nojs

nojs

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Yeah, but maybe that will be possible in the future. The new update is so great :whistling:
And if I want to play Half Life i prefer the PC, but that's my opinion

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well i would rather play on the PC too but that's not really the point you are using a PSP not a PC, its already possible that's what home-brew is all about playing flash/home made/PSX games and removing restrictions.

Just released good example of benefits http://www.qj.net/Be...pg/49/aid/78218 , i should also mention it does everything the sony firmware does it just does more.

Edited by warriorscot, 04 January 2007 - 06:35 PM.

Dante Sly

Dante Sly

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have had a PSP for a while and really don't play it much anymore except for a single game. Literally the single reason i have not sold my PSP yet is the mere fact Lumines, in my opinion, is the greatest puzzle game made to date. I never get sick of it. It's such a splendid game...i can't get rid of PSP anything just because of this game haha.

Advertisements