Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB WiFi

• Please log in to reply

TheMastery

TheMastery

• Pip
  • 9 posts
:) Can I Get a USB WiFi Adapter,add it to a computer that is wired up to a router and still get a WiFi Hotspot.
I will try to make a picture in your mind :help:

Computer + Network Cable + Router = Computer With Internet Access
Now
Computer + Network Cable + Router + USB WiFi Adapter Plugged Into Computer = A Wireless Hotspot

My Whole Reason for this is i would like to access the internet from my PSP with out having to buy a wireless router to get the internet.
Aswell as having a wirless hotspot in my home :whistling:

WHOOA CONFUSING :blink:

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
The answer is: technically, yes. You can use the wireless functionality that your computer would have to create an ad-hoc wireless connection between the PSP and the computer, and then allow the psp to access the internet through ICS. That is, if the PSP supports ad-hoc connections, which it may or may not.

Or, you could spend a similar amount of money to what you would pay for the USB adapter and buy a cheap wireless access point, plug it into your router, and connect wirelessly to that.

TheMastery

TheMastery

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
WHOOA that was fast and yes my psp does have ad hoc mode
thanks for that

A++ recomend

MasterGene

MasterGene

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok umm here is one for you,... ah i think i may have an usb wifi adaptar, but when i try to make a hoc network it dosent work i know were to go and what to do but when i go to control panel and click on network and sharing network then click set up connection and then it dosent have the hoc network option :) and now iam just ... :).... but yea iam doing the same thing he was just with a ds lite :) :) :)