Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dr watson post mortem debugger

• Please log in to reply

Junerish

Junerish

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
i did all the things in the "Do these things first" post but my computer is still being frustrating...i'm not sure what to do anymore. I cant do anything with pictures and thats mostly what i use my computer for
i cant see the dr watson thing in my system32 folder but when i delete it it just comes back.
heres what i got from hjackthis

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:12:01 AM, on 11/13/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\windows\system32\services.exe
C:\windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\hjt\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Copy to Semagic - C:\Program Files\Semagic\copy.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Semagic - C:\Program Files\Semagic\link.htm
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spoonerwit.sp...ad/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ShellCompatibility - C:\windows\system32\hrr0059me.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hi Junerish. Welcome to GTG. :blink: Sorry it took so long to assist you.

I don't see any obvious signs of malware, so let's do some digging. :whistling:

Please go HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan
  • Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
  • A new window will open...click the Check Now button
  • Enter your Country
  • Enter your State/Province
  • Enter your e-mail address and click send
  • Select either Home User or Company
  • Click the big Scan Now button
  • If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
  • It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
  • When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
  • When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report
Please RIGHT-CLICK HERE and Save As (in IE it's "Save Target As", in FF it's "Save Link As") to download Silent Runners.
  • Save it to the desktop.
  • Run Silent Runner's by doubleclicking the "Silent Runners" icon on your desktop.
  • You will receive a prompt:
    • Do you want to skip supplementary searches?
      click NO
  • If you receive an error just click OK and double-click it to run it again - sometimes it won't run as it's supposed to the first time but will in subsequent runs.
  • You will see a text file appear on the desktop - it's not done, let it run (it won't appear to be doing anything!)
  • Once you receive the prompt All Done!, open the text file on the desktop, copy that entire log, and paste it here.
*NOTE* If you receive any warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run.

Junerish

Junerish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
it wont let me dl it

An error has occurred downloading Panda ActiveScan. Please repeat the process. If the error occurs again, restart your system and try againPossible causes of this error are:

Not allowing the application's ActiveX control to be downloaded.

Problems with the Internet connection.

The error could be due to a download error or an installation error due to lack of hard disk space, privileges etc.,... <----shows up

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
are you using IE? If you can't run it, don't worry about it.

TrendMicro™ HouseCall ActiveX Scan
  • Please go HERE to run the Trend Micro™ HouseCall Scan.
  • Click Scan now. It's free!
  • Read and put a Check next to Yes I accept the terms of use.
  • Click the Launching HouseCall>> button.
  • Under "Browser plug-in" Installing and using Housecall kernel, click the Starting HouseCall>> button.
  • You may receive a prompt to install the ActiveX, click install.
  • If you are taken back to the main page, click Launching HouseCall>> button again.
  • Under Scan complete computer for malware, grayware, and vulnerabilities click the Next>> button.
  • Please be patient while it installs, updates, and scans your system.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will take you to the summary page.
  • Under Cleanup options, choose clean all detected infections automatically.
  • Click the Clean now>> button.
  • If anything was found you may be prompted to run the scan again, you can just close the browser window.

Junerish

Junerish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
i tried running that in IE, Firefox and Flock and it closes down in Step 3 (on the right part of the screen) everytime :whistling:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
See if this helps.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Junerish

Junerish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
when i click 'empty selected' it says "not responding" and i've tried a few times and tried restarting then doing it but it still happens

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I was looking through your original post a little more closely. Did you check anything in hijack this before you submitted the log the first time?

Have you had a previous infection you tried to fix on your own? You have signs of the VX2 infection.

Junerish

Junerish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I didnt do anything with hijck this. someone else (that uses this computer) might have tried to fix something else but it wasnt me :whistling:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Are there different users on this computer? Do they all sign on under different profiles?

Download, install and run Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Disable the anti virus programme then click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Check the anti virus programme is running

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

Click optimize and improve then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Advertisements

Junerish

Junerish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Are there different users on this computer? Do they all sign on under different profiles?

not anymore (lucky me i get the messed up computer all to myself now, before there was my account and everyone else used the guest account.

+trying to use the Tuneup program like you posted :whistling:+

Junerish

Junerish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
i did the tuneup things like you suggested. I'm still having the same problems though

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Can you sign onto the guest account and do all the preliminary measures you are supposed to do before you post a hijack this log?

Then post two logs:

one for the guest account
one for your account

Junerish

Junerish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
the guest account HJT log

Scan saved at 2:44:03 AM, on 11/20/2006

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Flock\flock\flock.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - Startup: Zeno.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\qwinsqez.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.t...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spoonerwit.sp...ad/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ShellCompatibility - C:\windows\system32\hrr0059me.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

Junerish

Junerish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
the regular account

Scan saved at 2:48:11 AM, on 11/20/2006

Running processes:
C:\windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\windows\system32\services.exe
C:\windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Flock\flock\flock.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Juneresque\My Documents\firefox\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O8 - Extra context menu item: Copy to Semagic - C:\Program Files\Semagic\copy.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Semagic - C:\Program Files\Semagic\link.htm
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.t...ivex/hcImpl.cab