Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Remote Desktop help

• Please log in to reply

ziggy1621

ziggy1621

• Pip
  • 6 posts
As soon as I login to remote desktop from an xp machine to a 2003 server, it closes the remote window. This only happens when on the LAN, from outside, it allows you in. Username and password are correct.

please help

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
XP Home or Pro?
Johanna

ziggy1621

ziggy1621

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

XP Home or Pro?
Johanna

XP Pro, don't think it matters tho. the xp machine is the client. Are client installs different on home an pro?

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 667 posts
Are you having more than one connection at a time?

If I am not mistaken XP Pro allows only 1 terminal service license, so if you connect beyond that it will boot you off.

Just a thought...

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I am not sure if that matters, because I run up to 8 sessions at once from my XP Pro SP2 workstation. Is there anything in the event viewer about this on your XP or 2003 machine?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

If I am not mistaken XP Pro allows only 1 terminal service license, so if you connect beyond that it will boot you off.

this is completely true...when going from one machine to an XP machine...i think in this case the user is going from an XP machine to a 2003 server...which...has a much higher limit on connections...

Username and password are correct.

i assume this is the same user as the remote user?