Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Office 2007

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I am currently running Office XP on my network. I would like to upgrade to 2003 but was told from a reseller Microsoft wont let that happen, becuase 07 is out. So my question is, is there a list of advantages somewhere I can use to create a document on why we should upgrade. I have to convince an audience that is already anti-microsoft and belives all new software is bloatware.

Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start by comparing the versions to see any advantages

http://www.microsoft...fo/compare.mspx?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i have no idea where to find this info...(tried googling...but I'm sure i can't find the right search criteria)...but if you could find the current usage stats for office (i.e. who's using what)...that might help...i know that there's probably a large number of companies who are currently using office XP or above with relation to those who are still at 2000 and bellow

also...in your particular instance..you may want to tout the advantages of the sharing specific stuff that office 2003 gives you...especially in regards to outlook...i.e. calendar sharing, resource scheduling, etc..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://office.micros...1677751033.aspx

Is probably the best place to start maybe you should get hold of a copy to try shouldn't be to hard and you can find out for yourself and demonstrate. Personally i really like 2007 its a big improvement in most aspects ive found fast and easier to use than previous versions also easier on the eyes.