Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

microsoft office 2003

• Please log in to reply

hduc

hduc

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Somehow Microsoft Office 2003 got installed on my computer and all my files are going into that.

I would like to uninstall the office, but am afraid all files in there will be gone too?

My computer came with the home version of XP, will all files go back to that or just be deleted??

I am not real good with computers and don't want to mess it up..

Thanks....

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Word documents should revert to WordPad

Which types of Office files have you got

Was Office 2003 a trial version

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
http://openoffice.org
Open Office is a free substitute for Office and will open/modify/ etc docs made w/ Office.
Johanna

hduc

hduc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It doesn't look like a trial version, it's been on the computer since June....I did not put it on, unless it downloaded in an update....

My dog sitter uses my computer when shes here, I can only think that she installed it.

But , I'd rather just have the home version .... but now anything I save to the computer goes into Office...pics, documents....

Do I need to do anythingwith my pics or saved documents, before uninstalling the Office version, is , I guess what I am asking...

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
No, there's nothing special you have to do -just uninstall Office. All the documents, files, etc., should still be right where you saved them, assuming you saved everything to "My Documents" and not to some special location inside Program Files\Microsoft Office\Officexx.

Edited by LindaGail, 13 November 2006 - 04:17 PM.

hduc

hduc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yes, everything was saved to My Documents and not to an Office program..... if I do loose things when I uninstall..... there isn't anything that I can't put back in and no major things that would cause catastrophies....

soo, I guess , I will just uninstall it and see what happens!!

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it very much!!