Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Problems upgrading my Asus A7V-E Motherboard CPU

• Please log in to reply

coeurdelion_2k

coeurdelion_2k

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have tried upgrading my Asus A7V-E Motherboard processor from Duron 750 MHz to AMD Athlon 1Ghz. Unfortunately although it recognises the processor and hard ware my machine stops responding (no error message) just before it boots into Windows. What am I supposed to do? I’m now back with the Duron 750 MHz. Incidently, will it make a noticable difference anyway?

Advertisement

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
welcome to geekstogo
yes it would make your pc a little faster your going from 750mz to 1000mz thats 250mz more so you would be faster I looked at your board and this is what chips it will run Socket A for AMD® Athlon (Thunderbird Core) / Duron™ 550MHz ~ 1GHz+ CPU at 266/200MHz fbs It may be that you need to change the jumper for your fbs can you gave me the numbers off the chips and I can look at this and gave you more info.
<_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured