Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus Software

• Please log in to reply

Veronica79

Veronica79

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I need suggestions as to what kind of antivirus software works best. I had Norton Antivirus but it just expired and I'm looking to either re-new or find out if there's something better out there. I've heard Pccillin is pretty good?? :whistling:

Thanks for your time.

V

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could look at NOD32 as well, if you change, most will want Norton removed first, though download the new one, uninstall Norton then install the new one without having to connect to the internet until it is installed

Have a look at the trial versions so you can decide which is best for you

Veronica79

Veronica79

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for answering my post Keith. If I download the 30 day trial f NOD32, when it asks for me to save it, where should I save it at?

Thanks,

V

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you click start, my computer, double click local disc C then right click an empty part, click new, new folder, name it My Downloaded Files, or whatever, you can put anything you download there

When it asks where to save to, select the folder you created, then right click an empty part, click new, new folder and name it as whatever you are downloading

This will give you a main folder with everything in one place

Veronica79

Veronica79

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Great...thanks so much!

V

trucker

trucker

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts