Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System reboot itself when surfing the internet

• Please log in to reply

majoe

majoe

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I just bought a new PC recently. First time of using the new PC, everything is alright, however when I used the PC for the second time, Problem occurred. The PC will automatically restart when I surfed Internet. After the restart, Window will pop up a message saying that there is a serious error, it is due to my video device driver. I went back to the shop and I had change new graphic card, the problem still persist. I have download latest video device drive (which Microsoft website suggest), the problem still there. I had scan my system to check whether is there any virus or malicious software, there is nothing I can find.
Could anyone tell me what happen to My PC. I am seriously getting tired of it. :blink:

Thanks,
:whistling:
Max

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Could you give us your full system specs, or the model and manufacturer of your computer?

majoe

majoe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86Ghz 1066Mhz FSB/2MB L2 Shared
Motherboard:Asus P5B intel P965+ICH8 DDR2 800/6x SataII/8sch Audio
Ram: Kingston 512MB 5300/667 DDR2(CL5)
Hard Disk: 250Gb 7200Rpm Sata II 16Mb
Graphic Card: MSI NX7300GT 256MB DDR2 PCI-E W/TV/DVI
PSU: Cooler Master 450W realpower psu
Sound card: Creative SB audigy value 7.1

majoe

majoe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, Can anyone pls advice me what went wrong? :whistling:

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Generally, this is a power issue, if drivers and a bad card have been ruled out. Try this: Boot into your BIOS, find the Hardware Monitor or PC Health Status item, and let us know what it lists for 12v, 5v, and 3.3v there.

This may also be a bad network controller issue, or a Windows side issue.