Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Desktop shuts down by itself

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
What then are the effects of having the computer to not auto restart when there's a system failure? Wouldn't having a system failure and continue entering all the way to the desktop be more hazzardous?

Advertisements

neora

neora

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
At the event of system failure you get a BSOD. If auto restart is enabled the system would restart itself... again encounter the failure...thenBSOD and restarts... that's why the continuous restart cycle.

when auto restart is disabled then at the event of a failure you get the BSOD and you could do a manual restart or shutdown.

I am not a expert... this has worked for me in troubleshooting the system later on.. i dunno if dsenette has missed that point for a reason.. so "if u have any doubts dont do anything" until you are convinced...

cheers

Edited by neora, 28 November 2006 - 07:24 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
turning off auto restart won't hurt your machine...it will give us more info if there is more info to be had

JayBern

JayBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

turning off auto restart won't hurt your machine...it will give us more info if there is more info to be had

Ok. I will go ahead to try and retrieve more info. And post back here as soon as I gain some. Thank you.

JayBern

JayBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
I had my system administrator to come check it out.

Turns out that my graphic card's fan wasn't spinning. It burned out. Thanks for helping. You can close this thread. (:

Regards,
Jay