Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Synchronising contacts with Samsung X820

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I've got a Samsung X820 and a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 computer. I've got my contact details saved on my computer, right now in Microsoft Outlook. Very often I update the details for the contacts saved on the computer, but sometimes I also update the details on the phone itself. However, when finally synchronised only one of the two can be saved on both, either phone to pc or pc to phone. This is rather annoying. I want to be able to update on whichever of the two I find convenient and then later when synchronised to have the updates on the other as well. For instance, if I update Contact A on my pc and Contact B on my phone, the next time I synchronise my update for Contact B should not get reverted to what the comp has, rather the comp should get updated with the new details from the phone and same for Contact A getting update on the phone with the new details from the computer. Right now I'm using Samsung PC Studio to synchronise my phone and the pc contacts btw. Please have a look at the following screenshots and let me know if either of them would give me the result I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• x820.JPG
  • x820_2.JPG

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
By now you've probably given those settings a try. I think the "normal sync" setting should apply the most recent changes, whether it was the record on the phone or the record on the PC. It's kind of tricky for the "conflict resolution". I usually leave them unsynced, and manually choose which I want to keep (ActiveSync [Dell Axim, not a phone] allows for that - perhaps your sync software does too). But you shouldn't have many conflicts if you sync regularly.

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Yeah that's the thing, when I'm not near the computer I change the details on the phone hoping that next time I sync the computer details will also get updated but since I don't sync regularly I don't remember which contact I updated to check on the computer. When I'm on the computer and change details it works the same way. I'm not a someone who syncs regularly basically. I'm still confused on how to make this work. Just trying to remember where I updated which contact when I sync. If you come up with any other alternatives of syncing pls let me know. Thanks a lot for the help and sorry for the delayed response actually.