Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta SUCKS A#$

• Please log in to reply

Ammalgam

Ammalgam

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
On Vista, I have been using this beta for a while. This thing CRASHES every time I check mail or switch between two mail accounts.

I expect Beta software to be software thats incomplete but barely functional. This crashes so often, it' not even ready to be labeled Beta..

My thoughts

Regards,

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
We get spoiled by allot of betas, MS doesn't really label there betas of apps so you know how early a beta it is, Beta means testing and earlier releases will be pretty unstable especially when you use it in conjunction with an operating system that is also beta. Its seems more stable on XP when ive tried it, seems to be a vista thing.

Ammalgam

Ammalgam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

We get spoiled by allot of betas, MS doesn't really label there betas of apps so you know how early a beta it is, Beta means testing and earlier releases will be pretty unstable especially when you use it in conjunction with an operating system that is also beta. Its seems more stable on XP when ive tried it, seems to be a vista thing.

Scot,
Good to know. I like the core product but its buggy as sh%$%t.

Unfortunately Vista is like a Lexus at this point, comfortable and reliable but doesn't excite. I think the majority of users wanted a BMW, hard driving and exciting.

Regards,

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol, when has windows ever been exciting, DX10 is its only major advantage at this point the rest is mostly half assed attempts at improvements.

DSMaster

DSMaster

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Lol, when has windows ever been exciting? ...

When it's stable it tends to excite, seeing as windows is alike a f.o.r.d. Fix Or Repair Daily