Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound driver problem

• Please log in to reply

Finalmike

Finalmike

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Here is a little back story to help you better understand the situation.

At first, I had a bad reg. problem. I ended up buying winxp and installing it.

My desktop has two hard drives. The first, or "main" HDD is the C drive. The second is the D drive.

The C drive is what originally had Winxp on it.

I installed Winxp on my D drive (when it asked which drive to partition or whatever, I selected "D" drive and didn't format).

When my compie turned on, the C drive had most of it's data on it, as well as did the D drive.

Some devices which I thought I might have to reinstall the drivers for didn't need anything, i.e. my ati graphics card that is not the one that my compie came with.

My mouse, game controller, everything works fine.

My sound, however, does not work.

I tried looking in the Device Manager, and a few items are present under "Sound, video, and game controllers": audio codecs, Legacy audio drivers, Legacy video capture devices, media control devices, and video codecs.

Looking at Sony.com, I found the default audio driver for my model, which is PCV-RX752. The driver is SiS7012 Audio Driver Utility. I looked in my C drive windows file found that I am indeed using SiS7012 driver. For some reason or another, it's not detecting it on my D drive.

So I tried to install the SiS7012 Audio Driver Utility, and it tells me that "This program is not designed to run on this computer." Then, "Your computer contains the wrong model information." It will then either freeze that window or exit.

So how the heck do I get my sound back?!

Thanks in advance for all your help. I know I've been posting many new threads, but this is so frustrating to me, as I've been dealing with this compie for days with no good luck whatsoever.

All help is appreciated :whistling:

Edited by Finalmike, 14 November 2006 - 06:09 PM.

Advertisements