Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help With User Accounts

• Please log in to reply

Elisa

Elisa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HELP!! I have never created a "user account" and I assume I have always been logged in as the administrator. But today, I went to Start, Control Panel and clicked on User Accounts and then thought I would add an account under my name. Thought that was all fine, it came up like it was brand new computer but switched back to the administrator and all was fine, logged off and now have turned the computer back on and it seems that I cant switch back to my old settings. My computer is only remembering the account that I created today. I cant access my emails because it says I have create an email account and none of my favourites are there. I know its different as well because my background picture is not there. How do I restore my old computer??

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
By default, the 'Administrator' account is 'hidden' from the log-in screen.
You can make it visible by downloading 'Tweakui for XP' from here:

http://www.microsoft...ppowertoys.mspx

When installed, open it and click 'Logon' from left-hand list. Now you will see ALL the accounts on your system, including the default admin account. Tick those accounts you want to make visible then restart. You should now see the admin account when login screen appears. hopefully that's the account you were using before.