Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unwanted ie box

• Please log in to reply

icer

icer

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
today whenever i attempt to use internet i get an ie box which says

when you send information to the internet it might be possible for others to see that information.. do you want to continue?

I havnt seen this since i 1st got the computer & wonder where it came from & whether it is insidious? If not what is the best way to get rid of it :tazz:

look forward to hearing from you ;)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Probably comes from one of Microsofts security-updates which I don't have
'cos I don't get that message (though I used to before I did a re-install).
It is just making you aware of the possible risk --- nothing dodgy about. I've looked in all the options and can't find where you can disable it, but I can assure you it is part of IE and not something you should worry about. It hasn't been 'planted' to harm your PC!

icer

icer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
thanx pip :tazz:

WyldStallyyn

WyldStallyyn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
You should be able to turn that off by going to Tools / Internet Options / Advanced / and clicking on the 2nd box from the bottom (Warn if changing between secure and nonsecure mode). Mine just started doing it, too. Must have been reinvoked by a recent critical update, but that option should turn it back off.

:tazz:

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
WyldStallyyn, I think that option you're referring to generates a different warning like "you are being directed from a secure to a non-secure page, do you wish to continue?" But I may be wrong on that.