since last wednesday [9 nov.], i've not had iinet/server access.
i have tried:
- resetting dsl [x4] and checking settings
- ensuring i can be seen on the network
- hard reboot of server
- checking line from machine to server
- running ad-aware, spybot, regmech, norton, windefender, resplendent reg...
- "uninstalling" network device (it's on the mboard) and reinstalling
- usb wireless connection
- cmd: ipconfig /release, /renew, etc.
- un- and reinstalling norton
- working with norton uninstalled
[blockquote]...action cannot be completed: renewing your ip address.[/blockquote]
the properties shows my ip as 169.xxx.xxx.xxx; isn't this also an indicator the machine's not connecting or sending packets? reminds me : i show numbers in the received column, but 0 on the sent side.
reinstalling winxp is not an option; i get the "a more recent version is installed than is on cd..." error.
i am rightfully pissed and frustrated.
no other machines are affected. i'm the lucky one...