Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Admining A window's Xp

• Please log in to reply

Darkice

Darkice

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok Let me explain my problem.
I have a window's XP pro sevice pack 2
32 bit
I admin the computer for it's own good.
my younger brother think's he know's every thing about computer's but he doesnt even know the diffrence between a usb port and a firewire port.
To put it simply he know's know thing about computer's my problem is the inter net He would just love to hack my account and I want to know how to block thing's on his account like downloading thing's and what not please help me.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a look at the shared computer toolkit from my signature

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I don't have a brother, but according to my daughter, they are very annoying. Create him a "limited acoount" so that everytime he wants to do something you want to supervise, he has to come get you for clearance. You can do this in the Control Panel under "user accounts". Use a strong password for your account so thathe can't log in as you.
Johanna

Darkice

Darkice

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks

and what about safe mode?

and blocking inter net stuff?