Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explor2000 File manager

• Please log in to reply

poipoipoi44

poipoipoi44

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a copy of Explor2000 by Christian Maufroy. It is similar to the old file manager found in windows 95 and 98.
The problem is, when I insert a thumb drive it shows up on the drive bar like it should but when I remove it, the drive letter remains. If I put another thumb drive in or the same one, it creates another drive letter and when removed, remains also. I have this program installed on another PC that dont exibit the same problem. When I remove the drive, the drive letter assigned disappears which it is supposed to do.
I have sent numerous letters to the author but have recieved no response. Can you help me with this problem. I can send you the software if you need it.
Thansk in advance for your help.
Ron

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Are you using the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the system tray to stop the device before physically removing it?

poipoipoi44

poipoipoi44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
That isnt necessary for this program.
When you insert a thumb drive an icon shows up in the drive toolbar. When you remove the thumb drive the icon is supposed to go away but it remains. My other PC dont have this problem. When I remove a thumb drive the icon goes away like it should.
Maybe I didnt understand what you meant but this is a stanalone program and shouldnt have to rely on any other functon to work.
Thanks for your help
Ron