Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any help?

• Please log in to reply

EmperorWoodrow

EmperorWoodrow

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
howdy..had simalur problem.. turn the puter on its side..follow the speaker wires and see where they plug in..thats your sound card, make sure its all the way in the slot..the back end.."furthest away from the back of puter" sometimes doesn't seat all the way..u can download drivers til the world ends and it won't work if its not finding the sound card.. :whistling:

Advertisements

Armic

Armic

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Ive tried it and under Integrated Peripherals I changed the last option (that has something to do with audio - the only one i saw in the whole menu) to PCI. Does this mean that my sound card is still functioning?

Thanks and sorry for my lack of understanding of computers :whistling:

Sorry for the delay in replying, I had the weekend away from the comp.
I take it that you are using the onboard sound & not a sound card inserted into one of your pci slots.
If you are, the setting you changed should be set to 'auto', or 'onboard'

You could try a different driver from here: http://www.softwarep...dio_Driver.html

Edited by Armic, 27 November 2006 - 03:50 AM.

wisefool

wisefool

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks for the reply again Armic.

I think I have an inbuilt soundcard because when I opened my computer up, I could only see my RAM that was removable from the computer. There was no other card visible that I could see so i assume that my sound card is integrated.

So where can I change what to auto or onboard?

Thanks again

Armic

Armic

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Ive tried it and under Integrated Peripherals I changed the last option (that has something to do with audio - the only one i saw in the whole menu) to PCI. Does this mean that my sound card is still functioning?

Thanks and sorry for my lack of understanding of computers :whistling:

Hi, change the setting back in the bios where you changed the option to pci, to auto or onboard.

Your problem will be the drivers, try the driver on the link which I posted earlier today and see if that works,
if not we'll have to find a different one.

Where/how did you find out the name model of your motherboard?

wisefool

wisefool

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I will try and change it back to auto or onboard.

I got the model from everest.

Armic

Armic

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Ok,
Let me know whether the new drivers work.

Armic

wisefool

wisefool

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Nope :whistling:

Armic

Armic

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I'll look for an older version of the drivers for you to try.

I've a feeling Everest may have got it wrong, could you open your case & look for the name of your mobo, to see if it matches, if not or if you cant find any id, note the model (eg.via) and any numbers displayed on any of the chips soldered onto the mobo. (dont bother with any chips smaller than about 1cm).

BTW. Have you tried using Add/Remove hardware located in the control panel?

Edited by Armic, 30 November 2006 - 07:42 AM.

wisefool

wisefool

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yes I have. It says it cannot detect anything and Im starting to doubt my soundcard is still working. Can anyone tell me if i can find out if my integrated soundcard is still working?

Thanks

Armic

Armic

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

I've a feeling Everest may have got it wrong, could you open your case & look for the name of your mobo, to see if it matches, if not or if you cant find any id, note the model (eg.via) and any numbers displayed on any of the chips soldered onto the mobo. (dont bother with any chips smaller than about 1cm).

No joy with any older drivers. Try the above & post the results back here.
Armic

Advertisements