Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia driver issues

• Please log in to reply

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Has anyone been having problems with the latest Nvidia drivers?

I'm asking because after I installed the 93.71 drivers I started having a few problems with my games.
After installing the drivers I got a few BSOD's with the nv4disp error. I was also getting missing textures in games and some games where crashing the whole PC.
I've since uninstalled them and gone back to 91.31. The BSOD's have gone but the missing textures is still happening in some games but not all and some of my games just throw me back to the desktop without an error message. :whistling:

I've check the event logs nothing in there, dxdiag test were fine, latest hardware drivers except of course my graphics card.

Specs:

Intel 3.2GHz P4, DFI Lanparty 875pro Rev B mobo, 1GB DDR, 256MB Geforce 6800GT, SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS, 2X 120GB IDE HDD's etc etc..

Advertisements

DSMaster

DSMaster

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I run my Nvidia 5200 FX on Vista, some games have serious problems, IE, not loading at all. I would run a check through windows update and see what it comes up with, or stick to what your CD has on it.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
We're still kinda waiting to see exactly what happens with the 93 series drivers, but nothing has cropped up quite yet.

The 91.31, however, were just horrifyingly bad unless you were running a 7950 GX2. 91.47 or 84.21, in my opinion. I had some issues with the 91.47, so I'm still on the 84.21s.

BSJ916

BSJ916

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Not sure what games your playing but yea i have tons of problems with the new drivers also