Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound card and mouse troubles, please advise

• Please log in to reply

Ledurgeir

Ledurgeir

• Pip
  • 1 posts
earlier today I installed windows xp service pack 1 on a laptop, which I did just to be able to use microsoft office. But when I did that the drivers for my video card, sound card and mouse simply disappeared (or so it seems). I've managed to replace the drivers for the video card, but the others still aren't working.

Another problem, which may not have anything to do with the above problem but I'll let it ride along, is that when I use Outlook I get an error when I try to access the "send" server. All the settings are correct, gotten from the isp website. This also just started happening after I installed SP1.

Please help me, and if at all possible, please do so fast. I've got to get this fixed by tomorrow or I'm in really deep [bleep].

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
It is difficult to diagnose SP1 problems because its not the latest. To get the best help is there a way you can upgrade to SP2?