Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Drive

• Please log in to reply

maelich

maelich

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I have not viewed photos from a CD for over 6 months ,recently a friend sent me a CD I found it would not load he replaced it, it still did not load .I tried one of my own photo CD 2years old and this would not load.
The cd reader works with programmes etc
Any ideas?

Advertisements

Armic

Armic

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi
Im not too sure what you mean by 'it wont load'.

If you mean that it wont run automatically when you insert the disk, open up 'My Computer from the start menu, & double click on the drive that contains the cd, you now should see & be able to open your pics.

If you dont mean this, it may mean that your drive doesnt support these brands of 'copied' disks.
It would be worth going to the drive manufacturers site & downloading & installing the latest firmware.
You can find the manufacturer & exact model, by right clicking on My Computer, choosing Properties then Hardware, then Devices. Here expand cd/dvd drives, & note the name & model.

maelich

maelich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Thanks
The problem is with photo CDs it will not run even Photo CDs I have created
I have also tried burning a new Photo CD without success it worked in the past will trySony website

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you still didn't answer the question of what you mean by "it will not run"....do you mean (as was asked) that it doesn't automatically open when you put the cd in? or does the cd not get detected in my comoputer?

maelich

maelich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Sorry
Cd is detected usually shows name but will not run

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so if you double click the icon for your cd-rom drive with the photo cd in it...what happens?

maelich

maelich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
It comes up with CD drive page but no information
continues clicking away

Armic

Armic

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
It sounds to me like the media (disks) are not compatible with the drive, or are corrupt, have any of them ever worked on your current pc & drives?

Try these disks yourself on another pc, dont take someone elses word for it that they work.

Download & install the new firmware as I suggested earlier, it is always better to have the latest firmware for dvd/cd drives whether that is the problem or not.

Post back your results

Armic

maelich

maelich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Yes the CD s were created on my present PC
Tried on another and they worked
Have rolled back drivers and application with original programme disk Sony Vario

Tried to create CD with Media Player 10 and the PC seized up
Despite this I can read ordinary commercial CDs also tried an old TRUPRINT disc and that worked

maelich

maelich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Additional information
1I can down load to CD in Zoombrowser and view in Zoombrowser

2 can burn a typed disc in Microsoft Office and read it no problem

3 cannot burn audio either in Windows Media Player or ITunes

Trying to read cds often k :whistling: ills desktop and requires reboot