Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monster Jam

• Please log in to reply

duley3

duley3

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
About June or somewhere in that area I had to reinstall windows in my system. So I saved everything that I could first. I had all the disks for my games. All of them but one, Monster Jam Max Destuction. So I thought I would just save the file that the game was installed to and be able to reinstall the game.

So now I'm finally getting around to wanting to install the game. It turns out that there was no setup file in the folder I saved. It looks like all the other file are there. But I can't seem to install the game.

I can play the game from the disk but it is a pain in the beep to do. So I'm pretty sure I have all the file needed to play.
This also was a full install I never had to use the disk to play it. I think this is why I don't have the disk now.

Is there any way to get this installed without having a setup file.

I know this is a cheap and simple game. But I LIKE IT and would like to play it again.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Perhaps the easist way is to buy the game from amazon. One thing you should know is the game was put out when Windows ME was the OS of the day. It may not install on Windows XP simply becauseXP will not let any software change critical operating software. In the Windows OS's before XP it would let many software programs make changes to the critical files sometimes rendering the OS unmountable and unuseable.

http://www.amazon.co...1087654-1768169

The only other choice here is running it in a virtual cdrom mode.

http://www.softwarep...cddownload.html

Your success with this may vary.

SRX660