Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting Up NOD32

• Please log in to reply

twolfe87

twolfe87

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
I've had NOD32 for a couple months now, love it, haven't had any problems up until now. I had some sort of malware, but that's resolved now. I upgraded to Comodo firewall.

I want to make sure I have NOD32 set up right too.
How should I have it set up?

When I Scan and Clean I get a lot of temporary files that cannot open because they are locked. Is this ok?

I use Spybot S&D, I downloaded AVG anti-spyware to take care of that last problem I have, I have since uninstalled it because I thought it might interfere with NOD32, will it?

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks.

Advertisements

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Hello,

I am no tech when it comes to spyware but generally I think most people recommend you use ONE anti-virus software and ONE anti-spyware.

If you are running NOD32 then I'd suggest having ONE anti-spyware something like AVG would be fine.

Your firewall should prompt you for NOD32 trying to reach the web to update and such, same with AVG. I would be careful and make you sure allow those two exceptions. If you can't figure it out. Generally just open the program or try updating NOD32 or AVG and a window should pop up asking you to BLOCK or ALLOW those programs (Make sure you are allowing the software and not some crazy spyware trying to get out to put more trash on your system.).

Patrick

niagara

niagara

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
http://www.wildersse...isplay.php?f=16

Edited by niagara, 04 January 2007 - 02:32 AM.