Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer keeps rebooting

• Please log in to reply

nightman1701

nightman1701

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,
I'm having a serious problem with my computer. Everytime I start my PC up it goes to load into windows media center the desktop comes up and I have roughly 2 minutes to click around and do things before it restarts. If I try to run Norton Internet security it comes up with a serious error has it starts to run. this goes for trying to use system restore. I have tried to boot it in safe mode and it does the same thing. It now has been going to a blue screen with small writing on it before it loads windows and then restarts itself. Right now I'm using my mothers computer to try and find a solution. She is using a windows 95 pc. I have only had my pc for a few months. If anyone can help please let me know. Also I did try to start PC recovery and it locks up or restarts. Please Help. Thanks

EDIT - This doesn't sound like malware, I'll move this to the OS forum for one of the experts there to have a look at.

Edited by Crustyoldbloke, 17 November 2006 - 05:45 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
first question...that might prove helpfull....is the machine (being so new) still under warranty?

how confortable are you with the internal parts of a pc?

did the computer come with an ACTUAL windows disk or just a system recovery disk?

all the specs for the pc that you can give (make, model, etc...)