Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer not printing text!

• Please log in to reply

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Canon IP4000 w/WinXP.

It was working fine and then it quit printing text. Restore can't be done as I recently cleaned out my restore points. I've reloaded the driver a couple of times, but still, no go.

I'm wondering if it had anything to do with trying out IE7. I loaded it, didn't like it, and went back to IE6. Now, when I loaded 7, I noticed it said something about True Type Fonts, but don't remember what. Could this have something to do with that? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then search, include hidden and system files, look for Fonts

You should have folders for Windows 50MB + and also the printer, at least, other programmes may have installed fonts

http://www.microsoft...eInstallXP.mspx

Julio

Julio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
OK! I've tried that AND I did a clean reinstall of windows. Still no go... The only thing I haven't tried yet is using a cable instead of USB to connect the printer, but I'd rather get this figured out. Thanks for any help!!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What does the printer give with the test page?

You re-installed IE7?

Julio

Julio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
No, IE6 and BLOCKED IE& from downloading. The printer page (test) just shows a small icon (image).

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you try head cleaning, does it show how much ink there is supposed to be in each cartridge

Julio

Julio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I tried "Deep Cleaning" and IT'S WORKING!!! THANK YOU, KEITH!!! :whistling: :blink: :help:

Edited by Julio, 22 November 2006 - 01:08 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know