Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Who has the best Anti-Spyware

• Please log in to reply

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
O.k when it comes to spyware software who has the best? I have used spybot, adaware, and agv.7.5, they seem good. But is their one that has their number.

Advertisements

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Spybot is sufficient. if you have adaware and avg then you are all set.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You don't say whether you want to limit your choice to just the free ones, which is probably "yes" as all those you've mentioned are free.
I'm not sure there is just one which can be relied upon to find all instances of spyware on someones system. I almost always see recommendations to have two or three installed together.

But if you're willing to pay, and you also need a strong firewall and AV, ZoneAlarm Internet Security is excellent because AV, Firewall, and Spyware protection are integrated into one product.

If you already have AV protection, then I would have to say Outpost Firewall Pro includes an excellent real-time anti-spyware module, but unfortunately the latest version of Outpost Pro flags up far too many firewall alerts (most of which are normal activity) which you have to deal with, and no way to suppress them.

Edited by pip22, 17 November 2006 - 02:15 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I love Spy Sweeper. It blocks incoming attempts, and it's very powerful. Many surveys which I have seen recently approve of Spy Sweeper with good stats. It's not free, but it works quite well. You can find that here by the way: http://www.webroot.c...cts/spysweeper/ ...

EDIT: Inserted link

Edited by Stormknight6, 17 November 2006 - 03:36 PM.