Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Security Issue

• Please log in to reply

theoneandonly1

theoneandonly1

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well I did a full system recovery on my computer. When it was fully recovered, I uninstalled Norton and McAfee and I went online and tried to download AVG Free. It just freezes after so long because somehow my internet is being really slow lately and I have DSL. Is there a way that I can go onto another computer and download AVG to a blank CD? How would I do that? I am currently not on my computer and wont until tonight. Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you should just be able to save teh install file from the avg website...then burn that as a normal data cd..

theoneandonly1

theoneandonly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
So do I go on another computer, right click on the link and click save target as? and save it to the CD? I dont know what to do.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when you left click on the link on the avg free page to download it...a window comes up asking if you want to run the file or save it....just choose save and put it in a place you'll remember (like the desktop) then burn that to a cd

theoneandonly1

theoneandonly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Wow I must be really dumb. So do I have to be on my computer? Because when I save it, it wont save so if I save it to the desktop then download it to the CD, theres nothing to download onto the CD because it wont download.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
.......what?

theoneandonly1

theoneandonly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
So you are telling me to download to the desktop, then burn it to the CD? I cant download AVG anywhere, its too slow if thats what you are implying.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Is there a way that I can go onto another computer and download AVG to a blank CD? How would I do that?

that's the question you asked...and the one i'm trying to answer....you asked if you could download the install file for avg onto another computer then put that file onto a cd....the answer is yes...and the steps are above......i'm not understanding where the confusion is coming in...

theoneandonly1

theoneandonly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Okay I'm sorry, I thought you were implying that I download it to the desktop of my computer not another computer. Sorry. So when I download it to the desktop of another computer, how do I burn it to the CD? thanks and im sorry for so many questions.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
assuming the other computer has a cd burner...you would use whatever burning software that computer has to burn the file onto a blank cd....not knowing what software this will be...i can't give you step by step instructions....but in general you would open up the burning software and it should ask you what kind of cd you want to make....you would choose a data cd....and use whatever method is prudent to get the file there (most burning software packages will allow you to drag a file from one location into the burning window to put it in the burn que)....then you would burn the cd...and you're done with that part

theoneandonly1

theoneandonly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thank you

theoneandonly1

theoneandonly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well I just found out that my girlfriend does not have a burner on her computer, so is there any way when it asks to save if I could save it on the disk?

theoneandonly1

theoneandonly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well I just found out that my girlfriend does not have a burner on her computer, so is there any way when it asks to save if I could save it on the disk?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
not without a burner....without a burner you can't save the file to a cd....

theoneandonly1

theoneandonly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well if I am to find I a computer then can I just save it directy to the disk? or still have to burn it like you explined before.