Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Question about XP Media 2005

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I got a new computer a few months ago HP Pavillion, and when the free trial version of Office ran out, I did something really dumb, probably. Instead of paying the high price to renew Office, I installed a new licensed copy of WordPerfect Office 2000 from Corel last week.
Right away I did not like it, it had an annoying day planner that popped up at start up, etc. So I went to control panel/ add remove programs to take if off. In my list of programs there is the word Corel, but when you click on it it tells me there is no program to remove. :whistling:
I deleted the dayplanner and everything I see with Corel on it, but I know that is not really taking the program out. I am confused as to how some of the things remain, but there is no program to remove. Is there anyway to get that out of my registry without having to reformat my computer? I also see a printer listed with my other printers, and the properties of that say it is Amyuni Document converter. It must have installed with that darned Corel program.
I just want all things Corel off my computer, and I'm afraid I have a real problem on my hands. any advice?

Edited by bettei, 17 November 2006 - 08:24 AM.

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You could try system restore (Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. Choose a restore point which says "installed Corel Wordperfect...". That restore point (or any previous one) will return your system to the way it was before Corel was installed.

If you find that Amyuni printer driver is still there in Control Panel>Printers and Faxes, right-click it's icon and choose 'Delete'. If Windows asks you if you want to also remove the files associated with it, answer 'yes' or 'ok'.