Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Man, really need help here :(

• Please log in to reply

The Ownage

The Ownage

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey, I have a memory card slot built-in my computer. So my friend came round my house, and he had a smaller version of MMC card. I tried to put that in the normal MMC slot, and it got stuck :whistling: . I need help taking it out. I opened my CPU and checked, but I think the way is blocked.

Is there any way to take the Memory Card out? Ty :blink:

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
You had me lost there for a second buddy with the CPU, central processing unit, that actually is the processor on the motherboard. You opened up the computer, not the CPU.

First I would make your best efforts to get that card back out. Try a paperclip or something.

I haven't got much experience with card readers, but I would just unscrew the card reader from the case and then open up the card reader itself. You can prolly get into the interals of that thing and get the card back out.

Or if you can't get it figured out you could just buy a new card reader.

http://www.tigerdire...e...6&CatId=962

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I had trouble understanding all of your question. Hope you get it figured out! :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

haven't got much experience with card readers, but I would just unscrew the card reader from the case and then open up the card reader itself. You can prolly get into the interals of that thing and get the card back out

i've got one user at work who at least once a month...puts an sd card (small) into the XD slot (giant) on the card reader (he once put it in the floppy drive as well)....if it's stuck...in that the card has gone all the way in..and is ratteling around in there...you'll have to take the card reader apart as bobby suggested..if it's stuck in that whole "i tried to fit square peg in a round hole....so i pushed really hard" kind of way...you might be able to grab the end of the card with some needle nosed pliers and yank