Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Best Antivirus to buy

• Please log in to reply

RUSYAZMAN

RUSYAZMAN

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
OK, here's my dilemma. I've been using Trend Micro for 2 years, good results so far. I must decide to buy another year next month. I have downloaded the 2007 version and find it slows up my computer a lot. I have read many good reviews of NOD32 amd wonder if I should switch to that. I like the new feature of TM in e-mail, where it knocks out spam before I have to view it, but overall, I do not like the slowdown in IE.
Any advice appreciated.

MD :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install the NOD32 trial, disable Trend to see how NOD32 runs

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Nod32 gets my vote, as well. :whistling:

RUSYAZMAN

RUSYAZMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
WOW! preliminary report, but my computer is zooming since I uninstalled Trend and put in Nod32. No feedback yet on the other things :whistling: :blink: , eg e-mail

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Pay or not to pay?

I've been a devoted [paying] Trend fan since '95, with a short agonizing spell with Norton [it was a feebie on a CD-no service] ...absolutely no problems with speed or anything else., using Trend PC-cillin...

Any prog is only as good as the service you get when using it...and the number of headaches you don't get while using it.

Service is what I prefer and am comfortable with that which I get from Trend Internet Security Services.

P.S. I have AVG on standby, as insurance, as PC does not have bootable floppies to access the system in the event that they are needed...but, I do have a few floppies with Trend micro files on them that will run independently off the a:\ and which are free to download and install...I usually visit their site and download the top 10 of whatever is in vogue for the timebeing...

Edited by b1caez01, 20 November 2006 - 12:47 AM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
Another good one to try and you get 1 year free is EZtrust
There is a link in my signature

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I just downloaded AVG Anti-Malware 7.5 trial last night and so far I like it. I have always loved the free antivirus program from AVG and this one far exceeds the free version. AVG gets my vote!

Fenor